Thursday, November 7, 2013

Office Design Reflected Ceiling Plan

I have selected various lights to go into my office design project, which can be found on the specification sheets I have been creating throughout the semester. It is still in progress. There should be no furniture on an RCP, but I use it to help center my lighting over objects such as desks and tables. I erase the furniture as I progress. Below is what I have come up with so far for ceilings and lighting:
I have chosen recessed compact fluorescent lighting throughout the space and then added additional lighting to add interest, such as the chandelier above the reception desk and the track lighting above grass, work counters, and engineering desks. I also chose Armstrong acoustical tiles for places that I felt could use more sound absorption. It is also a way to define a space without the use of walls. Wood ceiling panels are located in the lab and they line up with the track lights and LED troffer lights. I have also places exit signs near the entries though I might decide to move them out into the intersections so that they can be more easily seen from around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment