Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Office Design Colors and Materials

I have been using the internet as well as RIT's material library to choose samples for my office design project. Since I am in the process of choosing lighting as well, I put each sample under natural light plus fluorescent light, and also under natural light plus incandescent light to see how the colors react. I used natural lighting with each because the office space has many large windows. I created a chart listing which upholstery fabric went best with 3form panels, and which paint colors would suit the two together. For example, Designtex's "Chromatic" upholstery in the color "Apple" looked best with 3form's "Cirque" finish and Sherwin Williams' "Irish Cream" paint. Then I placed these combinations under different lighting. Most of my selections looked best under fluorescent light since the incandescent made my cool colors appear to be much warmer. Below are some of the materials that I have selected so far.

3form finishes: Cirque, Ting Ting, Bear Grass
Sherwin Williams Paint: Belize, Irish Cream, Tamarind
Designtex Upholstery: Chromatic- Apple, Chromatic- Pool, Closed Loop- Robin's Egg,
    Closed Loop- Willow, Brisbane- Pool, Delaine- Grass, Delaine- Sea
Wallcoverings: Maharam 005 Straw; Maharam 016 Eucalyptus
Carpet: Flor "Take me Over" in Lime; Tandus "Curly Q" in Bukhara
Faux Wood: Centiva "Queensland Walnut" and "Canadian Maple"


I have used these materials along with chosen lighting and furniture to create an image board. The image board is a refined version of a mood board that includes actual furniture that maintains the atmosphere that the mood board had initially created for the client.

My floor plan is coming together nicely as well. At this point all of the interior walls, millwork, and furniture are in the plan and I am now working out the correct layers, line weights, room dimension labels, and text sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment